OK, is this is simplest ever community manager training plan you’ve ever read? Note, this is designed for a one-off one day workshop, with a couple of people new to community management.
1. Essentials of online community management:
- Prerequisites of growing a successful community
- Tactics for supporting member conversations – seeding discussions; rituals & events; content and curation using a mix of user generated media; rewards and recognition; responding to first timers;
- The importance of top contributors – why & how to nurture them
- Dealing with conflict – value of a community guide; how to moderate; why and how criticism can be good for your community and the insights created
- How to develop community over the course of the year – the value of champions; what success looks like
2. Creating a daily/weekly community management plan
3. How to measure and record community insights, both qualitative ‘golden nuggets’ and quantitative.