The news that Amplified Leicester is now looking for participants came through today. Sign up below if you want to get involved..
Photo by Stuart Glendinning Hall
Brighten up the winter in an exciting Leicester experiment and learn some 21st century skills. We’re looking for people who are open-minded, enthusiastic and curious.
Amplified Leicester is a city-wide experiment to
– explore diversity and innovation
– build a network across diverse communities
– create, share and develop new ideas
– use social media like Facebook and Twitter as an amplifier
This is an opportunity to work with people you might otherwise never meet and learn how to:
– benefit from Leicester’s huge diversity of people and cultures
– generate lots of new ideas quickly
– think like a futurist and see the bigger picture
– organise and collaborate better
– be persuasive in different social situations
– share and develop creative ideas
– manage the stream of information which bombards us every day
– choose the best people to collaborate with
– make the most of different kinds of resources – social, economic, creative
Participation is free of charge but places are limited. Deadline for applications Friday 11th September 2009.
Find out more and download an application form from http://www.amplifiedleicester.com
For an informal chat, please contact Sue Thomas or Thilo Boeck:
Amplified Leicester is managed by the Institute of Creative Technologies, De Montfort University in partnership with the DMU Centre for Social Action and Phoenix Square Digital Media Centre. The project is commissioned and supported by NESTA, an independent body with a mission to make the UK more innovative.
“A group that thinks in diverse ways will address a problem from many angles.” Charles Leadbeater, The Difference Dividend