Essentials of social media strategy

Talk Is CheapPhoto by Stuart Glendinning Hall

What are the essentials you need to get right in your social media strategy? It’s an easy question to ask, with plenty of gurus and consultants willing to give you 20% of the answer for free so long as you pay for the remaining 80%.

Lucky Seven EssentialsPhoto by Stuart Glendinning Hall

So let’s leapfrog over that and check out this useful video webinar provided by Radian6, with Christopher Barger, author of The Social Media Strategist. Why do I recommend it? Because he says upfront that it’s easy to say but hard to do, that internal issues can play a key part. And that aligns with my own experience; you need to possess a fair degree of resilience, to build bridges and create consensus, not to mention a great sense of humour both offline and online! Crucially, using metrics to demonstrate real results is a powerful tool to sell the value of social media internally (Slide 18; 42:07) which makes a lot of sense to me having been both a consultant and an internal social media & community practitioner.

OK, so on with the show..

One thought on “Essentials of social media strategy

  1. Thanks so much for the mention and for checking out our recent webinar with Christopher Barger. So glad you found it valuable.

    All the best,
    Trish, Community Manager @Radian6

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.